Sunday 1 March 2009

I spend £8

Not a bad haul! It's all 4-ply, but wool, or at least, with wool in it. I've been thinking about making the adult version of Elizabeth Zimmerman's Surprise Jacket - it would be a great stash buster. Looking at people's on the Internet is so fascinating. They all look so different. I like the ones that look as if they have been knitted at a tight gauge - some looked a bit saggy and droopy and being a short and ever rounder person that's not a good look for me. I also liked the ones with thin stripes, which means lots of ends to weave in, the effects were more subtle.

I thought that if I knit with two strands, then I could use up loads of oddments and use a second thin strand that was the same colour throughout to hold the colours together. Say a blue, black, purple, grey, cream version with one strand of vintage 3-ply of dark grey?

No comments: