Wednesday 22 October 2008

Too Arty for Me

Teva Durham is well regarded as a designer so I thought I'd have a look at her book Loop-D-Loop. Knitters beware. She also designs crochet! I got the crochet book by mistake! There is nothing in it that I would make, but that's because I am not tall, stylish or fashionable! Her crochet garments are interesting, and I can see why people like them, but I think you would have to be a model to wear them and look good.

I think this is because they rely on drape and beauty of fabric for effect. It's taken a while, but I'm beginning to understand short round people are better staying away from drape! Oh, and crochet skirts! Many of Teva's items close with a single bow or artfully placed pin. Fine for prancing around a warm garden in America, not so good for running up to the supermarket on a windy day in Lancashire.

The practice cable for the Turbulence U-necked sweater is done, but I'm working on the sleeves at the moment - plain stocking stitch is nice and soothing after all that cable trauma.

No comments: