Wednesday 15 October 2008

Turbulence Cable Swatch

This swatch would have looked neater if I'd done a garter border, but hey, Inner Neat Freak, hush your mouth! This is a swatch for a practice for the real thing. Let's not get too picky.

It's going pretty good - only one mix up - can you see it? There's a kind of lump where I purled a cable instead of knitting it. It will be a few days before I can get back to it because of college and a trip to a concert, but hopefully it'll be done on Friday.

It was a lot easier to concentrate on just the cable - and of course, a lot quicker. Another time I'd do the practice swatch first. I lost so much time going wrong, re-knitting great long rows, frogging again, re-knitting great long rows...as usual, the longer way round is often the fastest.

No comments: